Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yesterday I was walking outside in near 60 degrees

Today we woke to ice and snow packed roads and temps in the 20’s (with wind chill it feels like 7).  We also made the National news – at http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/st-louis-roads-a-mess_2012-01-12.  The forecast is for occasional snow off and on thru 4 with the worst of it tapering off by noon.  Tonight and tomorrow’s forecasts look fine.  The temps should start to warm back up above freezing by the weekend but a chance of more snow on Saturday may keep Bill and I from making the trip to Columbia to see Dorothy who is in nursing care there after falling a few months ago and breaking her hip.  Bill says she’s not doing well so we want to go see her.

We’ll just have to wait and see how things look on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you changed you profile pic! Is that Bill's hat? You look so cute. Be careful in all that bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's Bill's hat. We were at a Holiday party and I had forgotten something out in the truck. I asked him for the keys and he asked me to bring his hat - I had my hands full so I just popped it on my head. A friend thought it looked cute and took my picture. :)

    I'm anticipating the snow will be melted by this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest. It's supposed to warm back up. The kids had a day free of school yesterday and Aubri was grumbling about having to go this morning.

    The roads seemed fine on my way home from work so I think the worst is past.

    ReplyDelete