Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's Cookin?

I have a lot of leftovers from the holidays in the freezer so I’m trying not to cook anything at home that will have a lot of leftovers. Bill however, is eating leftovers out of his freezer so I am planning on cooking at his house so that he will have more leftovers to eat next week. I finally got the Jambalaya recipe from his brother Richard so I will be making that on Saturday at Bill’s. I also got his mother’s Hollywood roll recipe so I think we may try this as well. The Hollywood rolls were a secret family recipe that his mom taught to Marty but not to anyone else – unfortunately, no one has been able to duplicate them since so we are going to give it a try.

Monday: Joe’s Crab Shack for my birthday dinner since all the kids were home.
Tuesday: Ham, black-eyed peas, turnip greens and rolls (leftovers from new years day)
Wednesday: Spaghetti with Garlic bread and salad
Thursday: Pork chops in the crock pot, mashed potatoes and Gravy, Wax beans
Friday: Hamburgers with chips (at Bills)
Saturday: Jambalaya (Richard’s recipe), Hollywood rolls (Bill’s mom’s recipe)
Sunday: leftovers at Bills (Jambalaya is even better the second day!)

As usual if you want a recipe – just let me know

2 comments:

  1. My interest is piqued. What are Hollywood rolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet dinner roll - I've not experienced them yet as (like I said) they were a family secret and no one has been able to duplicate them yet. But Bill is hopeful that we can make a valient effort and come out on top. :)

    We'll see.

    ReplyDelete