Monday, January 16, 2012

Just a few things from the weekend.

Bill was up here at my house this weekend so projects around my house were undertaken.

My kitchen faucet has been leaking. Last year I bought a new faucet because my old one was shot. I got one of those fancy ones where the sprayer was part of the faucet thus negating the need for a separate sprayer. Well, I don’t like it nearly as much as I had thought I would. I wouldn’t have replaced it but we couldn’t fix the leak. We found out that it was a cheaply made unit that was intended for rentals. This time I bought a name brand that has a life time guarantee.

I decided to try out the tall ones where you can fill pots easier – it came with a sprayer too. Bill installed it on Saturday:


New Kitchen Faucet

I also bought seeds for a window herb garden and planted them:


Window Herb Garden

I went by my work where we have a recycle bin for plant pots. Usually I have been looking for large pots and all they have are too small of course on Saturday all I found were big ones! So, Bill remembered where he had read in one of the gardening magazines to use 2 liter bottles. You cut them in half and then flip the top part back over into the bottom part and plant your seeds in the top. This way the water drains into the bottom and they are easy to transplant later. So, I used two of these and one 1 liter bottle as well as a few old pots I had laying in the garage. I didn’t have clear plastic wrap to put over them so I had to use the cling stuff – hopefully they get enough light in the east window. I couldn’t put them in my kitchen window where the rest of my plants live as that is a North facing window and it never gets direct sunlight. My poinsettia loves it though!


Kitchen Window

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this. Thanks for the reminder to start my windowsill herb garden. And what a good idea for using old bottles!

    ReplyDelete