Thursday, January 5, 2012

In Lieu of New Year’s Resolutions

I have never been one to do New Year’s Resolutions – they never stick anyway. Instead I am focusing on continuation. Continuation of healthy eating habits. Continuation of work on the new house (the barn) which had stalled out this fall due to lack of funds and motivation. Continuation of trying to be more active.

I know these all sound like resolutions don’t they? But these are all things that I have been doing all along but with the holidays I have become a bit lax. So, I am not going to go out this week and swim 10 miles, or complete the house in one day or starve myself into thinness – instead I am going to get back on the track I was on. The holidays were just a stop over for a bit.

This weekend I do have some plans. I will be going back down to Bill’s house and we plan to work on either the yard or the barn depending on the weather. So far it’s been a very mild winter with temps in the 50’s so we should be able to take down some cedar trees that need to be brought down, clean up around the apple tree and pile up all the limbs for mulching. If the weather is not going to cooperate this weekend then we have plenty to do inside the barn – putting in stairs, running duct work, running wiring, and insulation. Either way, some progress is going to be made at the property and I will hopefully remember to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment