Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Yogurt Wars

I’m on this Greek Yogurt binge recently.  I have acquired a taste for the stuff – yes, it is an acquired taste.  And now am looking for unusual flavors that fit into my guidelines.  No artificial sugar and none of that Corn Syrup stuff – that’s just nasty and your body DOES know the difference!  Corn syrup goes straight to fat does not pass go and does not collect $200!  I also don’t want a lot of artificial stuff in it – if I can’t pronounce it I probably don’t need to eat it.

So, I caved this morning and picked up a container of Yoplait Greek 2X Protein 0% fat Key Lime flavored with other natural flavors yogurt.  I double checked the label and there is no artificial sugar, no corn syrup (there is corn starch but I think that’s ok – I can pronounce it … and spell it!)  It also has Kosher gelatin (translation: blessed cow hooves), Tumeric Extract (for color) - No, I’m no going there, and is gluten free (thank Goddess, all I need is gluten in my yogurt!), It’s good 7 days beyond the sell date (which is Jan 22) and the stuff is yummy!

I think I’m in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment