Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snow today, Cold tomorrow



It was supposed to rain all day yesterday but we only had overcast skies and fog in the morning. By midday the sun was shining.

Last night on my way home from Weight Watches I noticed little snow flakes dancing in the car headlights. Just barely – you had to really look to see them. I commented to Aubri and she saw them too.

We went home and the first thing I did was go find my purse because I had left my phone in it and was expecting someone to come by with my Pure Romance order. But my purse was no where to be found. I looked all over the house. I was sure I brought it home – my medication box was in it and I had taken that into the kitchen to refill it. I looked in the car – Aubri looked in the car. We couldn’t find it anywhere! I was starting to panic – not for the purse but for the phone that was in it – when Aubri called Erik.

Apparently he had the night off and had texted me to see what we were doing for dinner. When he heard the phone go off in my purse he decided to bring the purse to me at Weight Watchers. Unfortunately, the meeting was moved up a half hour so I was leaving as he was coming. We missed somewhere in the middle. So I told him to come on home and we would think about dinner after my guest left.

So after she left he told me that he was going to take me to dinner (woot!) and to the mall because he wanted my opinion on a gift for Bill. So, we headed back out – the snow was coming down harder now and you could see it and feel it falling. We went to Racanelli’s for dinner and then to the mall.

Erik bought Bill a pocket watch and had it engraved. Very nice – I know he doesn’t have one so I think it will be a nice present. Then on the way home it really started to snow. I told Bill when he called later that by morning we would probably have white grass but I wasn’t sure about the roads. I turned the ringer off on my phone just in case – the school texts when there is no school. The problem is they text at like 6:00 – well before any of us are up. So having been woken at 6:10 that morning by my sister I decided that I could check the phone once I was awake and text Aubri then if needed. They did not cancel school.

But I did wake to white grass. The streets were fine. A little wet but not slick at all. It had stopped snowing by morning but the trees are all covered in a thin layer of snow and everything looks clean and white. This is probably the last of our snow this winter – we’ve had a really warm winter (it was in the 60s last week) so the flowers are starting to come up and the trees are all budding already. I don’t know what that is going to do for summer – I sure hope it’s not unbearably hot!

I bought an almanac last weekend but forgot it at Bill’s house so I’ll have to check this weekend. I had already checked the Chicago area in June (PSG) and it’s supposed to be cool and have possibly rain. Sounds like last year.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is sunny and cold. 35 for our high. I don’t mind cold – it’s February – it’s supposed to be cold. And I don’t want to have to start thinking about shorts just yet. I will have to buy all new this summer because all my shorts were falling off last fall so I know they will be too big this year. I wonder when Goodwill will start putting out summer clothes.



Both pictures taken from the 2nd story window of my building - looking out over the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment