Friday, April 24, 2015

Red Barn Update

It's been a while since I gave you an update on the house in the country. Yes, we are still working on it, no, it's not done yet. Unfortunately. But we have made some progress. Bill put insulation in most of the walls upstairs and in the shop downstairs. We had the electric hooked up to the furnace and Bill has most of the duct work in. He has been working in the yard quite a bit this spring. We have such a big yard that we've started taking sections at a time and working until that section is finished. We have been tring to get to the orchard for several weeks now but something always seems to come up. My work pulled all the tulips this past week and gave them away to employees so I took some then found that there was a lot left over so I brought the rest down on Thursday. We planted them along the road down into the campground. Last fall I did the same with some ditch lillies and iris - both are coming up now.

We have a busy few weeks ahead of us with festivals, a wedding, and then our annual camping trip in June. Then my last two kids at home are moving out in July. August will see me headed to Texas for the birth of my first grandchild. Before we know it, it will be fall again and more festivals. Where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment