Friday, April 24, 2015

I'm such a stalker!

Apparently I never actually posted this back in March!


It occurs to me as I read some of my friends on here that haven't posted for a while that I havn't posted for a while either. That's not to say that I've not been hanging around. I read your posts every day and sometimes comment but I forget to actually post myself sometimes.

We got our taxes back on Thursday (took less than a week! Woot!) so we went shopping for a few items that were needed. There was a woodworking show in town on Saturday so Bill and I ventured over in search of a router table. We had bought bits for making raised pannel cabinents at the last show we were at a few years ago but Bill found that the table he had would not accomodate the larger bit. So we found a really nice table for him this weekend that will fit.

Then we went to Costco in search of some canned vegatables that we had forgotten to buy the last time we were there. And Bill remined me that I have been looking at replacing my laptop. (Why is it you can never go into Costco and get just the things you went in for? It always requires at least $200 to get out the door!) So, I was looking at them when the HP rep came over and talked me into getting an HP. Now I should know better really - I had a specific machine in mind which they didn't have but she talked all around that convincing me that her machine could do everything I wanted. So I bought it.

Brought said machine home and tried to load the software I need for work on it - no go. Then I discovered that there was no indicator for the num lock or the caps lock. Now who in their right mind would not put some sort of indicator for at least the num lock? I have too many passwords that require num lock to not know if I'm locked or not. The HP was retured and I'll be going back out to the Toshiba website today to order my new lap top.

I also got a Food Saver while at Costco. Bill had one that we have literally worn out! So we bought a new one and I happily sealed steaks and salmon away in the freezer in individual packages. I love this thing and i'm hoping that this summer we will be able to purchase a side of beef from a local farmer to be sealed and frozen. We wore Bill's Food Saver out packaging venison too.

1 comment: