Friday, August 24, 2018

Wow!  I just noticed that I had not posted anything in 3 years!  3 years!  I guess I've been over on FB the entire time.  I read my blogs that I follow every day but just had not posted anything.  So here goes....

Working backwards from the present:  Last month I tore my meniscus while getting into the mule at the property.  Sounds lame I know, but it was Bill's Birthday bash and we had about 25 people at the property camping.  I was headed back up to the house on the mule when I saw a tshirt in the road.  So I stopped to pick it up and as I was getting back on the mule, I felt a pop and pain.  Bill and our friend Jerry were up at the house pulling pork from the BBQ that we had earlier so I drove on up to the house and had to have Bill and Jerry help me get inside.  I could not put any weight on the leg at all.

Been to the Orthorpedic Doc who says it's a tear and will not heal on its own.  BUT, My son Tom's mother in law works at the hospital in Belton TX and is going to take a look and have her ortho guys take a look and give me a second opinion.  If I have to have surgery, it will be in January as I have way too much going on this time of year.

Speaking of TEXAS, Spent a weekend in Jarrell visiting with Tom and family.  They have built a new house and he is out of the army but in the Air National Guard out of Houston.  He has a job working out of Austin doing security clearance investigations.  He is also back at school full time to finish his degree.  Working from home (or school) is one of the perks of this job so hopefully he can balance a full time job and full time school and full time dad!

Austen moved to Colorado in July too (July was a busy month!)  He got a job right away in construction and really loves it.  He is living with some friends and he and the cat Monster have settled in really well.  He facetimed me this week on his drive home so he could show me the smoke in the air.  You couldn't even see the mountains which are all around him!

Erik and Meghan bought my house in December and so I bought a condo!  Its a two bedroom two and a half bath.  I like that it's all open concept but I'm not a fan of not having a lot of windows.  And the windows I do have all face the back.  So I can't see the street unless I sit on the porch (very tiny set back porch) or look out the one window in the spare bedroom upstairs.  I'm also not a fan of the carpet - that will be replaced as soon as Miss Kitty is gone.

Miss Kitty - so I lost my Stormy kitty to a tumor under to tongue about 3 years ago.  I was still in the old house and the kids were still living at home so I had other kitties to love.   But when they all moved out, I needed a new cat.  So, I found Miss Kitty. She was a stray that someone picked up but could not keep.  She's Gray with a white apron and socks.  But earlier this year, I found out she has cancer.  So, not sure how long I will have her but I'm loving her as much as possible while I do.  But she gets sick sometimes and the only food she will eat is some cheap Friskies that has a lot of food dyes - so my carpet is now stained in several places.

Aubri and Austen both moved out about 3 years ago - together.  Then they got separate apartments, then he moved and she now has a place of her own.   She just signed a new lease for a second year - I was just over there last night helping her put out her fall decorations.  She inspired me to do the same, will be doing that over the weekend.

Well, that's about it for now.  Hopefully, I don't forget to post as I'm reading my blogs now.... at least not for 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment