Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Goings On

Normally I call this the weekend roundup but it spilled over into yesterday so I’ll just call it the goings on.

Meghan's graduation

Erik and his girlfriend Meghan at her graduation on Saturday.

We had dinner with her father’s family on Friday night at Olive Garden and with her mother’s family on Saturday night. Everyone seems to like Erik and I got lots of compliments on what a fine young man he is. :)

Then yesterday we had a storm.

hail

Hail started out the size of grapes and was pretty intermittent, then all of a sudden we had golf ball size and it was pounding the windows! I was worried that it was going to break the kitchen window. This storm came out of the north so my car was not protected by the house as it usually is – I have to call the insurance today and file a claim for the damage to my hood and roof of my car. My poor auto body guy – he is getting to know my car intimately!

The one good thing about the storm – my garden is up against the south side of the house so it was spared. The trees out front were thrashed pretty well but all that happened in the garden was the hail bounced in a bit but all the plants are fine.

And this little fellow here….

Pepper plant in hail

Was supposed to be a green bell pepper… I think the nursery mixed that one up! I cut it off and ate it in dinner last night. It wasn’t hot yet but I’ll lay odds that if I had let it ripen, it would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment